The Many Benefits of Juicing
Juicing has more health benefits than most people even know about. There are so many very good health and and mental effects that this is a must for anyone seeking to become healthy. I am going to discus two types of benefits. There are the proven ones that are based on the vitamins and minerals you receive. The second type are the claims people make and some of them are verified by dozens of people but do not have mainstream scientific proof.
The best way to get all of these juicing benefits is to juice fresh vegetables and drink this juice immediately. Store bought juices do not contain all of the nutrition from fresh vegetable do to the packaging process.
Note: You should always check with your doctor before making any radical diet changes.
Proven Benefits (Based on the vitamins and minerals you receive)
- Boosted Immune System
- Detoxify You Body
- Rebuild Blood Cells
- Promotes healthy skin, hair, nails, and eyes
- Lowers Cholesterol and Blood Pressure
- Anti Inflammatory
- Fights Insomnia
- Weight Loss
- Prevents Disease
Benefits (There are many claims to these but not scientific proof)
- Anti Cancer(Possibly even cure for cancer from some claims)
- Increased Sex Drive
- Anti-Aging (Some anti-aging properties are proven but there are claims of more extreme and even tissue repair)
When you juice you use more fruits and vegetables than you could actually eat. This results in you drinking a densely packed amount of vitamins, minerals and other plant based nutrients. The juice doesn’t require very much digestion so all the nutritional benefits get rapidly into you system. This provides a natural surge of energy and detoxes your whole body including your liver.
You can mix and match any number of fruits and vegetables to make a healthy and tasty juice. Each vegetable or fruit contains a variety of benefits. There are other things you can juice as well such as roots from plants and others not listed.
List of Fruits and Vegetables and their Benefits
- Celery – Juicing celery has at least 8 families of anti-cancer compounds. A scientific study has shown that celery has a compound in it called acetylene and it has been shown to stop the growth of cancer cells. Celery lowers cholesterol, aids in digestion, helps produce urine to cleanse the body,anti inflammatory, has a calming effect on the nervous system which can help with insomnia and stress, it is very filling and can curve cravings for sweet to aid in weight loss, increasing sex drive, and lowers blood pressure.
- Carrots – High Amount of Vitamin A, Vitamin B,C,D,E,K, minerals, calcium, phosphorus, and sodium. The juice has many benefits which helps the intestinal walls, bones, teeth, skin, hair, nails, and cleanses the liver.
- Apples – Antioxidants, Reduce Cholesterol, cleanse digestive system, boost immune system, contains many nutrients, and have natural sugar
- Pineapples – Antioxidants, anti-inflammatory,antiviral, helps dissolve blood clots, and helps digest protein.
- Tomatoes – Lowers cancer risks, great for heart, and adds a great taste to your juice
- Parsley – Excellent for blood, gives natural energy, cleanses body, and supports a healthy heart.
- Broccoli – Antioxidants, great source of vitamin c, fights cancer, and helps to regulate insulin and blood sugar.
These are just some examples but any vegetable or fruit can be added to your juice.
Some people do a vegetable fast which is where they replace several meals (usually 1-2 days) with a vegetable juice and water only diet. This will detox the body to the extreme with a heightened amount of the benefits listing above.
Key Points to Juicing
- Always consult a doctor before making any radical changes to your diet. Adding vegetable juice would be an amazing part of a balanced diet but you should consult your doctor if you plan on fasting or replacing meals.
- Always use fresh vegetable juice you make yourself. Buying this juices from the store do not contain all of the vitamins and minerals listed above. In fact most of the nutrition is killed during the packing process to keep juice from spoiling
- Keep it fresh – Use freshest vegetables available and always make your juice right before you drink it. As hits your fresh juice it starts the breakdown process and nutrition starts to dissipate.
No related posts.